Head of Marketing & Origination
Alberto is a founding partners of Fideres, with over 21 years of cumulative industry experience. His area of expertise is complex antitrust investigations and regulatory advisory work. He has handled some of Fideres's largest and most complex economic investigations into the collusive practices of the financial industry, including ISDAfix and LIBOR benchmark manipulation, Generic Pharmaceuticals Cartel case and, more recently, abuse of dominance cases against monopolistic digital platforms. Before founding Fideres, he held senior managerial positions in New York and London at investment banks including UBS, ABN AMRO and The Royal Bank of Scotland. His investment banking expertise was in in fixed income bonds and derivatives markets, with a specialty in structured products. Alberto holds master-level degrees in Engineering from Politecnico di Torino and from Ecole Centrale Paris.
Mar 2009 – to date
Fideres Partners LLP, Founding Partner
Jul 2005 – Feb 2009
The Royal Bank of Scotland Plc
Fixed Income: Managing Director, Head of Structured Products, Head of Balance Sheet Solutions
May 2004 – Jun 2005
ABN Amro Bank N.V., London
Fixed Income: Director, Head of Structuring
Jun 1997 – May 2004
UBS Limited, London
Fixed Income: Executive Director – Global Head of Structuring
1990 – 1996, Polytechnic di Torino, Italy, Master’s degree in Engineering
1992 – 1995, Ecole Centrale Paris, France, Master’s degree in Financial Engineering
- Cross Holdings and Competition
- Robot Cartels
- FX Fines and Settlements – Looking Forward
- Was LIBOR manipulation confined to 2007-2009?
- Structured Credit Ratings
- Are Corporations overpaying interest when they issue bonds?
- Collusion in the Interest Rate Swap (IRS) Market?
- Could Government Bond Rigging Happen in Europe?
- Pre-Arranged Bids on Prepaid Cards
- Storm Clouds Over the CLO Market